When did he stop treating you like a princess?
Domestic violence and abuse can happen to anyone, but the vast majority of victims are young girls and women simply because they are “the weaker sex”.
Did you know:
- On average, 2 women a week are killed by a current or former male partner. This constitutes nearly 40% of all female homicide victims.
- 45% of women are abused/raped by current husbands or partners, 9% by former partners, and a further 29% of perpetrators were otherwise known to the victim. Only 17% are attacked by by strangers.
- 44% of victims of domestic violence are involved in more than one incident. A large number of women experience the same abuse every week.
- On average, a woman is assaulted 35 times before her first call to the police.
- 30% of domestic violence either starts or will intensify during pregnancy.
- In almost 75% of incidents, a child is present or in a room closeby.
THIS HAS GOT TO STOP. IT DOESN’T HAVE TO BE THIS WAY.
It’s time to show the world that we are not weak and we will simply not stand for this kind of ill treatment. Women should be treated as princesses, like Ariel and Cinderella, who never have to live in fear of their so-called Prince Charming.
It’s time to stand up. To speak out. To be heard.
Women’s domestic abuse/violence helplines (worlwide):
- Women’s Aid/National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247
- EB Women’s Aid: 0800 0852 654
- Refuge: 020 7395 7713
- Wales Domestic Abuse Helpline: 0808 80 10 800
- Women’s Aid Federation (Northern Ireland): 0800 917 1414
- National Centre for Domestic Violence: 0844 8044 999
- WDA Helpline: 0161 636 7525
- Rape Crisis support: 0808 802 9999
- Relate: 0300 100 1234
- Kiran Asian women’s aid: 020 8558 1986
- Independent Choices: 0161 636 7525
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 or 1-800-787-3224
- DAHMW: 1-888-743-5754
- Safe Horizon for DA/V: 800.621.HOPE (4673)
- Safe Horizon for Rape: 212.227.3000
- Love Is Respect: 1-866-331-9474
- National Teen Dating abuse/violence:
866-331-9474 or 866-331-8453
- RAINN (Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network): 1-800-656-4673
- White Ribbon: 02 9045 8444
- National Sexual Assault/Family/Domestic hotline: 1800 737 732
- LifeLine: 13 11 14
- The Women’s Domestic Violence Crisis Service:
(03) 9322 3555 or STD Freecall 1800 015 188
- Sexual Assault Crisis Line: 1800 806 292
- Domestic Violence Victoria, AUS: 9921 0828
- DVConnect Womensline - Queensland: 1800 811 811
OTHER/MORE - some repeats:
- National Child Abuse Helpline: 1-800-422-4453
- National Domestic Violence Crisis Line: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline (TDD): 1-800-787-32324
- Center for the Prevention of School Violence: 1-800-299-6504
- Child Abuse Helpline: 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453)
- Domestic Violence Helpline: 1-800-548-2722
- Healing Woman Foundation (Abuse): 1-800-477-4111
- Child Abuse Hotline Support & Information: 1-800-792-5200
- Women’s Aid National Domestic Violence Helpline: (UK Only) 0345 023 468
- Sexual Abuse Centre: (UK Only) 0117 935 1707
- Sexual Assault Support (24/7, English & Spanish): 1-800-223-5001
- Domestic & Teen Dating Violence (English & Spanish): 1-800-992-2600
- Relationships Australia: 1300-364-277
- Criminal Law Advice Line: 020 7251 8887
Let’s put a stop to women’s domestic violence and abuse - FULL STOP.
If you’re being treated in a way you know isn’t right, pick up the phone and get help. And get out. IT IS NEVER TOO LATE FOR YOUR HAPPILY EVER AFTER. IT’S TIME TO CHANGE.
If in need of immediate help from abuse/violence, call the police (999/911 etc).
We’re in this together.
"When did he stop treating you like a princess?"/It doesn’t have to be this way - DISCLAIMER: I do not own these images. Courtesy of Saint Hoax.
FIND OUT MORE HERE.
REBLOG AND SPREAD THE WORD. NOW.
GET REBLOGGING PEOPLE.
My dad always tells me about a time where my dad was eight, and he was about to come down the stairs and he saw his dad punch his mom in the face, while she was trying to stab him. He’s forty five, he has nightmares about his parents to this day.
From the bottom of the stairs to the top of the world;
Five boys,Harry Styles,Liam Payne,Louis Tomlinson,Niall Horan and Zayn Malik ,each performed as solo artist in X-Factor.But fate had different plans for them. Were formed as a band ‘One Direction' on 23rd July,2010 by Simon Cowell. They won thousands of hearts in such a short duration and stood runner up in the contest. But this wasn’t the end of One Direction’s journey. Their first single ‘What Makes You Beautiful’ went a hit success followed by their first album ‘Up All Night’. This led to Up All Night tour in Europe,Australia as well as North America. Eventually,One Direction started winning millions of hearts from all over the world. Not only have they won awards from different award shows but also Global Success Award twice. Next came their second album Take Me Home followed by the second tour,Take Me Home Tour which added even more shows in different cities of the world including Tokyo,Japan. One Direction also has its own books including Where We Are and Dare To Dream. The band even launched their own fragrance, Our Moment and later This Moment. Their biggest hit was when they stepped into the film world. Their own 3D Movie ‘This Is Us’ was watched by millions all over the world,adding to their fame. But the most enjoyable event has to be the 7 hour live-stream on 23rd November,2013. The day was named ‘1DDAY’. Fans and celebrities all over the world participated in this joyous and endearing live-stream. The third album Midnight Memories showed yet another hard-work of the boys where most of the songs were written by the boys themselves. Currently,One Direction is on the road for their first stadium tour ‘Where We Are Tour’. The band has performed numerous shows in Latin America and Europe. More shows are yet to be performed. But this is not all. During the beginning of Where We Are Tour, they announced their fourth world tour ‘On The Road Again’ for 2015. This covers the whole globe.Not to forget the fourth album which is due to be released by the end of 2014. Also One Direction’s another perfume named You & I is settled to be available soon. The young heartthrobs have yet to achieve more in the future.
Even after such a success and huge fame,the boys have stayed humble and down to earth. They care about their fans and do not take this fame for granted. Millions of girls have claimed how these young boys have changed their lives positively. Therefore, A MASSIVE THANK YOU ONE DIRECTION AND HAPPY 4TH ANNIVERSARY.
Most important moment in fandom history
I scrolled past this, & I felt the need to reblog this.